Before I forget....!....please hand in your mission statement handout!
Vocab quiz today!
Top 20 Figurative Language: let's master these definitions by Christmas.
- Appostives: Deliberately using appostives, those phrases that add so much descriptive information about the nouns in a sentence, expands one's writing style and vividly enhances images for the reader.
- Absolutes: The students created wonderful absolute phrases in their essays, their minds intent upon mastering that "A." NOTE: absolutes often begin with a possessive pronoun and must contain a part of a predicate. Warning: must be a part of a verb and not a participial. Review these examples to clarify this.
- Basic Diagramming 101.
Writer's Workshop Today!
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens:
- Why Are You Who You Are...one-page draft due today! Due on Monday: final paper.
- You via music...what song reflects who you are?
Young Adult Novel:
- Where are you in this process? Who is your main character? Minor characters? Plot? Sub-plots determined? Setting?
- Requirements: Title and 250 words
- Blog Post #2 is due today. See Nov. 2 post in this blog for more information.