Monday, August 25, 2008

Who are you...metaphorically speaking, that is

Last week I asked each each of you to consider to what you might compare your writing styles.

From here, we prepare to enter the digital world as you begin considering a theme for your student blogs. Maybe you will use your writing-style metaphor…or maybe not. I didn’t.

When I created this blog last year, I considered using a duck as part of my theme but then decided to use my last year’s decorating theme. That’s right…pirates! I had just gone to the movie with my family and watched the latest Pirates of the Carribean movie and was inspired! Thus, the Treasure Chest of Thoughts was born (and has since been modified some...just as yours will as you grow as a writer.)

Ducks, sports, starlings, pirates…whatever you choose should reflect the message you want to promote digitally...to the world.

Okay...for a while that world will still be our class, maybe your parents, sometimes just you and me. Still, though, however small our "worlds" may be, we want to be digitally responsible and digitally professional.

Your blog theme is a reflection of you who you are...right now at this point in your life.

The questions is...who are you?

No comments: