- Claim: State your argument. Which sentence would contain your claim?
- Big Names: Important people or experts can make your argument seem more convincing. To what characters from Antigone might you refer? What other important people or experts might support your claim?
- Appeal to Logos: Facts, numbers, and information can be very convincing.
- Appeal to Pathos: Getting people to feel happy, sad, or angry can help your argument.
- Appeal to Ethos: If people believe and trust in you, you are more likely to persuade them.
- Kairos: Try to convince your audience that this issue is so important they must act now.
- Research: Using reliable research can help your argument seem convincing. Yes, Antigone would be considered research in this essay.
Please check the class wiki for the rubric for this essay assignment and the PowerPoint to which I will refer in class.
Has anyone checked out DailyLit yet? In answer to the question, may you subscribe to more than one novel at a time? Yes. I just subscribed to Persuasion by Jane Austen. Could I use this novel as evidence within this essay assignment?
Grades are updated in GradeQuick. If interested, you might attempt to access them online. I know they had to move our grades to another server...not sure if your log-ins and passwords will be updated. Should you see an assignment you think we need to discuss, please email me! We have Monday to finalize grades!
Have a great weekend!