So far we have...
- Reviewed run-on sentences. What are the two types?
- Wrote in our Writer's Notebooks about a time in which you took a stand...served as a prewrite for our next writing assignment and as a starting point for our next thematic unit entitled Taking a Stand.
- Assigned Antigone pages 65-74 and a bio of Sophocles to read for Friday.
- Assigned a paragraph. Draft due on Friday. Check here for that handout. Remember to proofread aloud!
- Assigned vocabulary for this drama. Quiz on the words on Tuesday.
- Reviewed your semester test.
Now, for the rest of the week:
- Grammar Time: Review of parallel structure.
- Edit/Revise/Type paragraph.
- Read Antigone: Prologue-Act 2
What is in our near future?
- Completing Antigone and beginning The Call of the Wild.
- You have to read six books this nine weeks. As a class, we will read Antigone, Call of the Wild, and Animal Farm this nine weeks, so that means you are responsible for reading three novels of your choice.
- Expectations/Length Requirements:
1-299 pages = 1 book
300-599 pages = 2 books
600 + pages = 3 books
- I would also like for one of your reads between now and the end of the year to be a selection from the AP Literature exam...will give you that list on Friday.
- I will post assessment options soon...just as soon as I get that all decided!
Once again...welcome back!