Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Read the classics via your email!

Just learned about this site: Daily Lit.

Guess where I read about this interesting site? That's right...through my Google Reader where I subscribe to Ms. Carla's The English Teacher Blog.

At this link, you will discover 593 classics which are sent to you in installment format...meaning you receive a portion each day...via your email.

I chose The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald for three reasons:
  1. This novel is now one of the newly released movies, and I like to have read the book before seeing the movie.
  2. Written by Fitzgerald, this novel may give insights to the author as English 11 studies another of Fitzgerald's novels The Great Gatsby.
  3. A goal of mine is to read more classical literature.

In eleven installments...or in eleven days, I will have read this novel. Not bad!

You are wondering, asking..."May I read one of these for my quarterly reading requirements?" Yes! Try it out!

No comments: