Do I have all kinds of specials for you!
SSR TIME....shhhh, you should be reading.
Writer's Notebook: Place this definition of plagiarism in your WN.
According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
- to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
- to use (another's production) without crediting the source
- to commit literary theft
- to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.
Now give your thoughts on why one might plagiarize? Now make the commitment to not plagiarize in this class!
- Quiz: For your novel, identify explain whether the tone word your group chose is still best summarizes H.G. Well's attitude for his main character. If so, provide support for this in your continued reading. If not, provide a new tone word and support. This is not an open-book quiz!
- Content test on Friday!
- Project...#4 Components... due Friday! This is a test grade!
- Today: create a Voice Thread account.
- Due Friday: final duck paragraph and printout of Voice Thread introduction. Remember: proof one more time before submitting via the homework dropbox.
- While you are each recording, the rest of us are moving on to commas.
Grammar ~ Comma Check-up
- Review the rules for the test on Wednesday.
- Test format is...1) multiple choice, 2) a passage to correct, and 3) three awesome comma website URL's
- Check here for comma rule sites.
- Tag these three comma websites in your Delicious account....Comma_Rules.
- Complete your slides today!