Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sept. 24:

Shhhh...time for Silent Sustained Reading!

Lit Circle Group:

Writing/Grammar CHECK-up:

  1. Let's review the comma exercise you completed in class last week.

  2. In your writing, I am noting that we sometime spell numbers; sometimes we write them numerically. Check here to review when to spell numbers...or not.

  3. Ponder on this: how might we combine these three sentences into one? In the Writer's Workshop tab in your 3-ring binder, revise these three sentences into one:
    "I recommend this book for any girl. This book captures the reader. I loved this book."

May we review the No-No List...is this list in your Writer's Workshop (hint!)?

  • It
  • You
  • There is/are/was/were
  • Things/stuff
  • I believe/I feel/I think...
  • contractions (I'm, wasn't...)


Ducks Galore...continuing with tone!

  1. Time to draft the introduction of your duck to your classmates.

Homework:
  1. Complete your novel for Monday.
  2. Finalize and practice your duck intro for the Voice Thread.

No comments: